How To Replace Junk Food With Healthy Alternatives
Do you end up having too much junk food? Have you tried quitting it but haven’t been able to? Well, firstly you need to identify why you eat so much junk food. If you’re doing it because you are stressed, you might have a binge eating disorder for which you should consult a doctor. If you are addicted to junk food just because of its taste, you need to understand the long-term health risks involved. Eating junk food for a prolonged period of time can cause a lot of weight gain and damage the digestive system irrevocably.
Junk food addiction is as serious as smoking or alcohol addiction. And, as for other unhealthy habits, in order to get rid of an addiction, one has to find a strong replacement for it and integrate it in one’s daily routine. Hence, to get over your junk food cravings, identify a few healthy alternatives and include them in your daily diet. Here are a few ideas on how to do that –
- French Fries | Tapioca Fries – Have you tried tapioca fries yet? They’re not as easily available as French fries but most supermarkets have them. They are not only healthier but extremely crunchy and tastier.
- Samosa | Potato Salad – It sounds a bit unfair to replace a crispy hot samosa with a potato salad but imagine if you add fresh lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber with some mayonnaise! Not only does the salad get crispier, yummier but, most importantly, healthier. For people who love meat, try having a chicken salad.
- Regular Chips | Soya Chips – Soya is any day healthy and soya chips are less oily than their counterpart. There are many other varieties of chips that include healthier ingredients. Give them a try, you won’t regret it.
- Burger | Sub – A brown bread sandwich with healthy vegetables is far better than a white bread burger with a cutlet. Don’t you agree?
- Coke | Fruit Drinks – The supermarkets these days are filled with fancy drinks like Minute Maid, Paper boat, Fruit punch, etc. They have a wide range of flavours available. Pick one of them instead of a regular coke bottle which has empty calories.
Try following a healthier diet for at least 15 days and you will notice the difference in your body and health. Once you learn to appreciate and cherish your fitness, you will never go back to junk food ever again!
719 total views, 1 views today