20 Surprising Day-to-Day Uses of Vaseline
Did you know?
Vaseline petroleum jelly is made up of natural mineral oils and waxes. It was discovered by Robert Chesebrough, a chemist in 1859. In those early days, it was known as wonder jelly and later named as Vaseline, derived from German wasser (water) + Greek έλαιον (oil).
Have you ever thought about the many different ways you can use Vaseline in our day-to-day lives? You will be surprised after reading this. Here are some of the unique ways of using Vaseline:
- Dab some Vaseline on your wrist and the sides of your neck before you spray a perfume — it will last for the entire day.
- Before going to bed apply Vaseline on your feet and wear socks. The next morning you will wake up with soft feet.
- If your favorite body lotion is getting over add some Vaseline to prolong its life.
- Is your ring tight and too hard to remove? Vaseline can help remove it.
- Tired of the squeaky noise from the hinges on the doors? Vaseline keeps them quiet.
- Vaseline can make leather shoes shine like new again.
- Apply Vaseline on your forehead before coloring your hair; it helps remove the stains easily.
- Apply a layer of Vaseline on your pet’s food bowl; it will keep the ants away.
- After shaving apply Vaseline to avoid rash and burns.
- Use it for immediate relief from sun burn.
- Use Vaseline to insert your earrings, it is not painful and the earring goes in smoothly.
- Vaseline will lighten the make-up stains on your clothes.
- Warm some Vaseline and apply on the shoulders to relax your shoulder muscles.
- It prevents metals from rusting.
- It soothes nappy rash.
- Put it on the cricket ball (if you are batting J).
- Rub it on the teeth to make them shine.
- It makes your beard easier to style.
- It prevents chewing gum from sticking to the bottom of the dustbin.
- It makes your head shine if you are bald.
349 total views, 1 views today