6 Benefits of Lemon You Didn’t Know
If you relish the tangy flavour of lemon, especially when it is paired with Indian street food, you are also secretly enjoying many benefits of the citrus fruit. Lemons help in quick digestion and are a natural detoxifier.
Also, Read about – 6 Benefits Of Lemon You Didn’t Know
Do you know why our popular dish-washing lotions are made from lemon? Or why hand-wash water bowls at restaurants have a slice of lemon? It’s because lemons are known for their amazing cleaning properties. They can clean up the most stubborn stains. Likewise, lemons clean up our body, leading to amazing health benefits. They are also great for external application. They can work wonders on your hair and skin and are popular anti-ageing agents.
Here’s listing some of the most amazing benefits of lemon –
- Detox – Lemons help detox the liver and the kidneys. They help produce more bile and dissolve uric acid in the liver. They are natural diuretics, helping your kidneys to flush the toxins. The citric acid in lemons can also help dissolve kidney stones.
- Good for the brain – The potassium content in raw lemon juice can improve memory and concentration. In fact, studies equate low potassium levels with depression, anxiety and sluggishness. Fresh lemon juice also helps increase oxygen levels in our blood.
- Cancer buster – Lemons contain twenty-two different anti-cancer compounds that shrink tumours by slowing down cancerous cell division. The vitamin C in lemons boosts our immunity which helps fight cancer.
- Forget constipation – Like coffee, lemons contain compounds that help intestines move things out. A glass of warm water with lemon in the morning can significantly improve bowel movement. Lemon is also known as a ‘colon cleanser’. It flushes out toxins, helps in weight loss and relieves gas, bloating, heartburn.
- Control blood pressure – The vitamins B and C in lemons are good for our heart. Vitamin C is a natural blood thinner and reduces blood cholesterol. It reduces the risk of blood clots. For people suffering from high blood pressure, lemons are a must.
- Anti-aging – Lemons can help moisturize the skin, keep acne in check, lighten dark spots and brighten the skin. They can also help get rid of dandruff.
Feel like have a glass of lemon juice now? Share this blog with your friends and make some lemon juice for them too 🙂
And remember, when life gives you lemons, simply make lemon juice and enjoy the benefits.