Did you know your Liver can do ALL this?
If you thought your brain works like a machine that doesn’t seem to stop, wait until you learn the things your liver is capable of! The liver is truly the silent captain of the ship. From protecting your body to keeping you safe from conditions such as diabetes, here’s some information you need to know about your liver.
- The liver is the largest organ in your body. And the only organ that is capable of re-growth.
- A store house of important vitamins, minerals and iron, it supplies these nutrients to the rest of the body as and when the body demands it.
- The liver is the master of multitasking. Faster than a superfast computer, it accomplishes almost 200-500 tasks a day. This includes controlling your sugar, detoxing your blood, pumping pure blood to the body, fighting off infections, producing and sending nutrients to the body and many more.
- The liver stores most of the fat. The normal fat absorbs 10% of your liver; if this increases, your liver enters a state of fatty liver meaning that your liver is now highly susceptible for developing Type 2 Diabetes.
- All the alcohol that goes in is purified by your liver. Without this multi-functional organ, your body wouldn’t be able to process anything.
- Our liver has the responsibility of producing bile which helps in the digestion of food.
- Remember all those blood clots you got after an injury? Your liver is the hero in that story. It makes sure that you don’t bleed out too much blood. However, if you bleed easily it might mean that your liver is unhealthy.
- All the tablets we take? Ever wondered how the tablets break down, are spread across the body and reach where they are needed? The liver does that for you. Your body is not capable of taking tablets if it weren’t for the liver, which breaks down all those medicines and commutes the helpful nutrients through the blood.
Liver diseases and problems have increased quite a bit in the last decade. With the fast paced modern lifestyle, it is the poor liver that suffers. It’s all a domino effect … once your liver is affected, other things too begin to go wrong. Hence don’t neglect the liver’s health — protect it, don’t disrupt its functionality.
At CARE, we have a wide range of health packages and tests that you can take to monitor your health and keep track of your liver’s well-being. And, with one of the best Liver Transplant Doctors in India, we confidently say that your health will be taken CARE of without any hitch. 🙂