"Mothers hold their children’s hand for a short while, but their hearts forever."Anonymous
Happy Mother’s Day
All of us share a very unique and special bond with our mothers that can never be broken or replaced. They brought us into this world and gifted us this life. They love us unconditionally; they guide us, support us, give us the right advice and at times even scold us if we go wrong. They are always supporting us through thick and thin.
Our mothers work so hard to keep us happy and content. Hence, we have a special day to honor their hard work in making us what we are today. It is celebrated on the 2nd Sunday of May every year. This year it falls on 8th May 2016.
Mother’s Day was initially celebrated in honor of the Greek Goddess Rhea as she was believed to be the mother of good deeds. The day is celebrated in different ways in different countries:
- In Mexico, Mother’s Day is an important day and is taken very seriously. The whole country comes together to celebrate the occasion.
- In the US, people present flowers and cards to their mothers.
- In India, the tradition of celebrating Mother’s Day has caught on only recently. Cards, flowers, gifts and dinners are some ways to observe the occasion.
This Mother’s Day, let us appreciate our mothers and show them that we care! Let’s make them feel special because they deserve it.
Here are a few ideas and suggestions to make this day memorable for your mother:
- Take her for a complete health check-up.
- Take her out for shopping.
- Go for a fancy lunch or dinner.
- Cook for her (let her stay away from the kitchen for once!).
- Bring her some flowers.
- Spend time with her (Yes! Put your phone away for a few hours and have a real conversation with her :))
- Make her a hand-made card, with a personal touch
If nothing is possible just tell her how much you love her and how important she has been in your life. Make her realize that there is no one in the whole wide world who loves her as much as you do.
It was rightly said, “God couldn’t be everywhere so He created mothers”.
Happy Mother’s Day!