The various services we provide in the department of plastic surgery include treating birth defects like cleft lip and palate, croma facial surgery, and curing hand deformities. We also are provided with adequate staff and facilities to reconstruct defects in the case of accidents. We also provide micro surgery and hand surgery, and re-attach totally severed parts of the body. We further provide treatment for wounds inflicted anywhere on the body. Diseases like filarial and brachial plexus injuries and neck paralysis are treated here.
The department of cosmetic surgery provides various services like hair transplantation, rhinoplasty (nose), vitiligo (white patches), blepharoplasty (baggy eyelids), reduction or enlargement of breasts, removal of scars, curing of ear deformities, liposuction (obesity), and tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).
VIZAG Unit II
01. Reconstruction of facial bones
02. Abdominoplasty ("tummy tuck"): reshaping and firming of the abdomen
03. Blepharoplasty ("eyelid surgery"): reshaping of the eyelids or the application of permanent eyeliner, including Asian blepharoplasty
o Breast augmentations ("breast implant"): augmentation of the breasts by means of fat grafting, saline, or silicone gel prosthetics, which was initially performed to women with micromastia
o Reduction mammoplasty ("breast reduction"): removal of skin and glandular tissue, which is done to reduce back and shoulder pain in women with gigantomastia and/or for psychological benefit men with gynecomastia
o Mastopexy ("breast lift"): Lifting or reshaping of breasts to make them less saggy, often after weight loss (after a pregnancy, for example). It involves removal of breast skin as opposed to glandular tissue or scarless Serdev suture technique
05. Buttock augmentation ("butt implant"): enhancement of the buttocks using silicone implants or fat grafting and transfer from other areas of the body
o Buttock lift ("Brazilian butt lift"): lifting, projection, and tightening of the buttocks using the scarless Serdev suture technique without implants
06. Chemical peel: minimizing the appearance of acne, chicken pox, and other scars as well as wrinkles (depending on concentration and type of agent used, except for deep furrows), solar lentigines (age spots, freckles), and photodamage in general. Chemical peels commonly involve carbolic acid (Phenol), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), glycolic acid (AHA), or salicylic acid (BHA) as the active agent.
07. Labiaplasty: surgical reduction and reshaping of the labia
08. Rhinoplasty ("nose job"): reshaping of the nose
09. Otoplasty ("ear surgery"): reshaping of the ear, most often done by pinning the ear closer to the head
10. Rhytidectomy ("face lift"): removal of wrinkles and signs of aging from the face
o Browplasty ("brow lift" or "forehead lift"): higher brow position by surgical or scarless Serdev suture
o Midface lift ("cheek lift"): tightening of the cheeks
11. Suction-assisted lipectomy ("liposuction"): removal of fat from the body
12. Chin augmentation ("chin implant"): augmentation of the chin with an implant, usually silicone, by sliding genioplasty of the jawbone or by suture of the soft tissue
13. Cheek augmentation ("cheek implant"): implants to the cheek
14. Fillers injections: collagen, fat, and other tissue filler injections, such as hyaluronic acid
15. Brachial plexus repair.