- M.B.B.S: UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE- 1993
- M.S: KUVEMPU UNIVERSITY- 1997
- F.A.I.S : THE ASSOCIATION OF SURGEONS OF INDIA
- F.I.C.S : THE INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS, USA.
- F.A.I.G.E.S: INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF GASTRO ENDO SURGEONS - 2012
- Director, Department of Minimal Access, Metabolic, Bariatric and GI Surgery @ Virinchi Hospital, Hyderabad
- Sr. Surgical Gastroenterologist & Bariatric surgeon, Sunshine Hospital, Secunderabad
- Director, Leads medical center, Hyderabad
- Surgical Gastroenterologist & Bariatric surgeon, Yashoda Hospital, Somajiguda, Hyderabad
- Resident Surgeon, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
Skills / Expertise
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery & Metabolic surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Abdominal Wall Reconstructive Surgery
Research & Presentations
- Dr Y. Krishnamohan has conducted several surgical workshops and has presented in multiple conferences held globally. He is also a teacher, who trains surgical residents of Diplomat of National Board.
- The Association of Surgeons of India – Life Member
- Indian Association of Gastro Endo Surgeons – Life Member
- International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association – Life Member.
- Hyderabad Surgeons Society – Life Member
- Society of American Gastro Endo Surgeons, U.S.A – International Member.
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India – Founding Member
- Pioneer’s Circle Asia Pacific- Founding Member
- Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India-Life Member
- International College of Surgeons, U.S.A- Life Member.
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society – Life Member.
- Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India – Life Member
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders – International Member
Awards & Recognition
- Dr Krishnamohan. Y is a pioneer in Bariatric and Metabolic surgery in India and also well-known for his advanced laparoscopic skills of Gastrointestinal surgery. He has performed the first bariatric surgery in South India, Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass in 2005 and also performed world's first case of elderly bariatric for an 80-year-old female in 2013.
- His clinic, Leads Medical Center has been awarded by Times of India as one of the Best Bariatric Clinics for the past 3 years consistently. He is also an invited faculty for numerous surgical conferences held both nationally and internationally.
Dr Y. Krishnamohan has 23 years of surgical experience in the field of Surgical Gastroenterology. Out of those, the last 15 years he specifically catered his focus towards Bariatric surgery and became a pioneer in the field. He has also pioneered the advanced laparoscopic surgery of various hernias and GI oncology and about 12000 cases were operated successfully. The first bariatric surgery, laparoscopic R-y-GB, was performed in January 2005 at Hyderabad by him, which was also the very first case in South India. More than 200 surgeons were trained in bariatric surgery by him in the last 15 years and about 3000 bariatric surgeries were performed successfully.