Vascular Surgeon Specialist in Banjara Hills
Dr. Prajna B. Kota is a Junior Consultant, Vascular Surgery at CARE Hospitals, Banjara Hills. She has an experience of 4 years in the field of Vascular Surgery. Dr. Prajna completed her MBBS from KLE University, Belgaum and MS and MCH from Christian Medical College, Vellore. She previously worked as a Consultant Surgeon at Baptist Christian Hospital, Assam, Tezpur. Her expertise lies in Aortic Surgery, Vascular genetics, and Peripheral arterial disease. Dr. Prajna is passionate about aortic interventions, vascular genetics, and innovation.
She is bestowed with the Best Thesis award in General Surgery in 2017. She also believes in continuous learning to help in providing comprehensive patient care. She has published her research in the BMJ Case Reports and has scientific presentations at ICMR UG Medical Students Research Conference in 2011. She is also a member of Vascular Society of India.
Field(s) of Expertise
- Aortic Surgery
- Vacular genetics
- Peripheral arterial disease
Research and Presentations
- “Pre-emptive Analgesia with Lornoxicam in procedures under Spinal anesthesia” Oral presentation in the ICMR UG Medical Students Research Conference, 2011.
- “A study of clinical predictors of pathological complete response and assessment of tumor regression patterns following neo-adjuvant chemoradiation in squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus” Oral presentation at the 7th Annual Research Day, CMC Vellore, 2016.
- “Extra-genital malignant mixed mullerian tumors: An epiphany in the pandora’s box” Poster presentation at the 7th Annual Research Day, CMC Vellore, 2016
- “Isolated blunt vascular trauma following motor scooter handlebar impact: A Systematic Review, Oral Presentation at the ESVS Annual meeting in Valencia, 2018 Mechanochemical ablation : Our technique and results” , Oral Presentation at VENOLIVE, 2018
- “ Ten year experience with venous aneurysms at a Tertiary center” , Oral Presentation at VAICON 2019
- “ Arsenic exposure in the etiopathogenesis of thromboangiitis obliterans” oral presentation at VSICON 2019
- “ Endovenous laser ablation versus open surgery for Sapheno-femoral junction Reflux : A ten year retrospective analysis” , Oral presentation at VAICON 2020
- “ Survey of post- operative outcomes for COVID positive patients with Chronic Limb Threatening Ischemia”, Oral presentation at VSICON 2020
- “ Genetic profile of Veno-lymphatic malformations in Indian Population”, Oral presentation at VAICON 2021
- “ Contemporary portrait of Aortic Bifurcated Bypass procedures for occlusive disease in Indian population: A transition in trends ”, Oral Presentation at, VSICON 2021
- “ Defining patterns of variant anatomy in major upper limb arteries by duplex ultrasound ”, Poster presentation at, VSICON 2021
- “ Phenotypic expression of medial dysplasia as arterial aneurysms in children” Oral presentation, ESVS Annual Meeting, 2022
- “ Long-term results of direct repair of subclavian artery aneurysms in patients with arterial thoracic outlet syndrome”, Poster presentation, ESVS Annual Meeting, 2022
- Kota PB, Kota AA, Agarwal S, Keshava SN. De novo arteriovenous malformations in post-thrombotic limbs. BMJ Case Rep. 2022 Mar 24;15(3):e244576. DOI:10.1136/bcr-2021-244576
- Kota PB, Kota AA, Selvaraj D, Premkumar P, Samuel V, Stephen E, Agarwal S. Contemporary Portrait of Aortic Bifurcated Bypass Procedures for Occlusive Disease in Indian Population: A Transition in Trends. Indian J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2022; 9:163-9
- Mohan S, Kota PB, George AP, Keshava SN. Arteries gone astray: Adult Presentation of arterial tortuosity syndrome. Indian J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2020;7:190-2
- Kota PB, Terala VK, Gupta PC, Atturu G. Isolated blunt vascular injury following motor scooter handlebar impact: A systematic review. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg, 2019; 58(6). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejvs.2019.06.847.
- MBBS - KLE Belgaum
- MS and MCH - CMC, Vellore
Awards and Recognitions
1. “ Dr. Booshanam V. Moses Award” for the best thesis award in General Surgery, 2017.
2. “ Dr. C.M.K. Reddy University Gold Medal” in Peripheral Vascular Surgery, MGR University, Chennai, Tamilnadu , India, 2017.
3. European Society of Vascular Surgery, International Travel Grant, 2018.
4. Research grant award for “ Arsenic exposure in the etiopathogenesis of thromboangiitis obliterans” VSICON, 2019
5. Research grant award for “Survey of post-operative outcomes for COVID positive patients with Chronic Limb Threatening Ischemia”, VSICON, 2020
6. Research grant Award for “ Genetic profile of Veno-lymphatic malformations in Indian Population” , VAICON, 2021
7. Best paper award, 3rd prize, “ Contemporary portrait of Aortic Bifurcated Bypass procedures for occlusive disease in Indian population : A transition in trends ”, VSICON, 2021
8. Best poster award, 2nd prize, “ Defining patterns of variant anatomy in major upper limb arteries by Duplex ultrasound ”, VSICON, 2021
Telugu, English, Hindi, Tamil
- Consultant Surgeon - Baptist Christian Hospital, Assam, Tezpur