Treat Varicose veins, venous ulcers and venous leg swelling at CARE Hospitals in India
Varicose veins are commonly found in the leg areas where the veins get varicose. This condition is when the veins get twisted and enlarged due to overstrained walking, and standing.
The excessive workout of the legs can make the veins inflamed and lead to varicose veins. The pressure in the body runs from the upper body to the lower limbs causing varicose. These can lead to complicated conditions like venous ulcers and swelling if not treated on time.
Many people take varicose or spider-like structures on the legs as a cosmetic concern, these are known as mild variations of varicose veins and look like a spider web. Other concerns can arise with the pains and discomfort felt on the legs and may also lead to other serious complications. These veins are either removed or closed by the doctors at CARE Hospitals in India depending upon the severity of the varicose veins.
Symptoms and signs can vary according to the condition and complications. Varicose veins may not give painful symptoms or cause any pain. These can include-
- Veins with dark purple or blue colour
- The appearance of Veins that are twisted and bulging like the cords of the legs
People can also get painful or inflammatory signs and symptoms like-
- Leg ache or a heavy feeling in the lower limbs.
- Burning, muscle cramps, throbbing or swelling in your lower limbs
- Worsened pain after sitting
- Pain after standing for a long time
- Itching around the veins
- Skin discolouration around the area affected the varicose vein.
Spider veins are smaller than varicose and are closer to the skin’s surface. It can occur in the legs, and face and can vary in size.
There are certain sets of risks that can increase the complications of varicose veins-
- Age- Ageing can cause wear and tear of vein valves (valves are important for blood flow) that can pool the blood around the veins instead of getting it back to the heart. Hence ageing is a risk factor in causing varicose veins.
- Sex- The factors like menopause, pregnancy, and before and after the period can contribute to hormonal imbalances and vein wall to relax, which contribute to varicose veins. Women are hence more prone than men and taking pills like birth pills can increase the chances of the same.
- Pregnancy- Pregnancy can enlarge the veins in the legs that happens due to the growing foetus. The blood flow increased and hence caused the enlargement of the veins that make pregnant women more prone to varicose veins. Hormonal changes can contribute to the same too.
- Family history- the genes and hereditary factors can contribute to varicose veins.
- Obesity- Being overweight can put pressure on the legs and veins.
- Standing and sitting for too long- if you have a job where you are required to stand or sit for prolonged periods, the risk of varicose veins increases.
- Prior to any tests or diagnostic tools, doctors at CARE Hospitals would look at the physical outlook of the legs. Doctors will look for the swelling, pains and aches. They’ll also see the leg structure around the area to examine.
- An ultrasound can also be done to check the blood vessels and veins. They’ll look at the functioning of the veins and check for any blood clots inside. Ultrasound is a non-invasive examination that involves the use of a transducer that is small like a soap. It runs all over the skin of the body to examine the area and look for any abnormalities. Images can be seen with the help of the transducer and further examinations are conducted.
- Doctors would also check for X-rays if the condition is diagnosed post an accident. It may be possible that the varicose veins got ruptured along with the other parts of the body. X-rays can be run with the help of various means.
- Family history and other medical diagnosis is also conducted to know the risks and other factors related to varicose veins
- Vein ulcers are also diagnosed with the help of these examinations. Doctors at CARE Hospitals will list out all the risk factors linked to or related to the individual.
- Invasive procedures are usually employed to treat varicose veins and don't require an uncomfortable recovery or hospital admissions.
- These are treated on an outpatient basis.
- Workouts and exercises
- Losing weight
- Not wearing tight-fit clothes
- Elevating the legs
- Avoiding the long hours of standing and sitting
These self-care tips should be employed to treat the varicose veins and stop them from getting worse. They are usually recommended to get into daily life activities.
- Compression garments are the external supports that the doctor recommends you wear.
- They have the main role of squeezing or compressing the legs. This helps veins and leg muscles to promote blood pressure and supply within the veins.
Additional treatments for severe cases
- Sclerotherapy- To close or scar the varicose veins, an injection of small or medium varicose veins with foam is inserted, and the procedure would fade the varicose affected area. It has another form known as foam sclerotherapy of large veins to close and seal the vein.
- Laser treatment- The smaller and spider veins can be closed with the help of laser treatment as this works on sending strong laser light to fade and disappear the vein.
- Vein stripping-small incisions are used to remove the small vein before it joins the main vein.
- Catheter-assisted- The radio frequency of the laser energy is used to heat the tip of the catheter that is inserted inside the enlarged vein. The heat will collapse the vein and is used to treat large varicose veins.
- Endoscopic Vein surgery- This is used to treat leg ulcers caused by varicose veins. Small incisions are made to remove the affected veins, and this surgery is performed on an outpatient basis.
- Ambulatory phlebectomy- Doctors do tiny skin-related punctures to cure the small varicose veins and the affected leg parts are numb with minimal scarring.
Why Choose CARE Hospitals in India?
Varicose veins are very common and require immediate treatment if worse, at CARE Hospitals, we aim to provide proper treatment against varicose veins. It is common and may affect a person unknowingly. With our extensive and comprehensive approach toward human welfare and wellness, we provide proper diagnosis against varicose veins. Our world-class technology may cure you and give you a new life.