- neurology (14)
- Cardiac Sciences (12)
- oncology (11)
- Surgical Experts (10)
- Emergency Care (9)
- General Medicine (8)
- nephrology (7)
- orthopedics (6)
- Gynecology (5)
- Urology (4)
- Coronavirus (3)
- Blood Donors (2)
- liver health (2)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Doctors Community (1)
- maternity (1)
- Plastic Surgery (1)
- Gastroenterology (1)
- Ophthalmology (1)
Precautions To Take During First Trimester Of Pregnancy: Do’s And Don’ts
Pregnancy is a significant period in a woman’s life and, the first trimester lays the ground rules. The first trimester of pregnancy is defined as a period that starts from the first day of a pregnant woman’s last period and continues till the end of 12 weeks. If you are in your first trimester, it is recommended that you schedule your prenatal visit at one of the best gynaecology hospitals in Hyderabad or elsewhere and get the best suggestions in order to plan a healthy first trimester, and thus, a healthy pregnancy.
During the first trimester, a woman’s body shows numerous changes, thanks to the on-going processes that include the development of organs in the baby’s body. Don’t worry if you experience symptoms like fatigue and nausea besides breast tenderness as they are quite common. They will subside when you will enter the second trimester on their own.
Do’s and Don’ts: First Trimester
To make your first trimester healthy, you need to take certain precautions. These are listed below:
- Supplements: In your first trimester, it’s healthy to take necessary supplements like calcium, folic acid, vitamin D, magnesium, probiotics, fish oil etc. as they fulfil the necessary nutrition requirements for both the mother and the baby.
- Rest: Fatigue is commonly experienced during the first trimester which makes it all the more important for you to take rest.
- Food: The food you eat during the first trimester of your pregnancy must be really healthy. Include fresh leafy vegetables, sweet potatoes, fish and seafood, dairy items like yoghurt, chickpeas, lentils, eggs etc. in your diet and stay away from processed food items. Also, keep yourself hydrated all through the day.
- Exercise: While you are advised to rest during your first trimester, light exercising is also important. However, you must consult your gynaecologist before you start exercising.
- Stress: Make sure that you don’t indulge in things that will make you stressful. It is also advised to keep away from work for some time.
- Weight: Maintaining an optimum weight is necessary during the first trimester. Consult one of the top gynaecologists in Hyderabadto know more about the amount of weight you need to gain and how you can gain it.
- Travel: While local travel for up to 36 weeks is considered okay during the pregnancy, it is important to keep away from exhaustive travelling. Also, it’s always good to consult your doctor if planning a long trip.
- Alcohol: Keep away from alcohol as it’s highly unsafe for baby and may negatively affect his brain especially during the first trimester.
- Recreational Drugs: Do not take recreational drugs during your first trimester of pregnancy as they can cause birth defects and even increase the possibility of a miscarriage.
- Smoking: The toxins you inhale from smoking a cigarette are extremely dangerous for your baby. They pass through your bloodstream and reach your baby’s body and can even cause birth defects besides respiratory illnesses. Hence, it is advisable to not smoke during the first trimester of your pregnancy.
- Foods to avoid: Avoid foods like soft cheese, unpasteurised dairy and processed food items during the first trimester of your pregnancy.
Make your first trimester happy and healthy by following the aforementioned tips!