“Don’t Mind, It’s Holi” – 7 Skin & Hair Tips to Stay Safe
Bura Naa Mano, Holi Hai (Don’t Mind, It’s Holi)! It’s that time of the year again when your friends will smother you with colours. Loud music, fast colours, buckets of water and pichkaris will follow you everywhere. You can’t avoid or stop them. But you can definitely follow these easy tips to ensure you are safe and get rid of the colours quickly:
- Oil Your Body – Make sure to oil your hair and complete body before you start playing. You can use a combination of coconut oil and castor oil. Oiling the body ensures that the colours don’t stick to your skin and can be washed away easily.
- Sun Protection – Use a sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from the harsh sun. You can also buy a pair of cheap sunglasses, a use and throw kind, which can be disposed of after the festival.
- Wear Full Length Clothing – Wear full sleeved shirts/tops and jeans/pants or salwar kurtas which cover the body as much as possible. If you’re playing with water colours, choose light clothes so that you don’t feel burdened by the wet clothes.
- Drink More Water – Keeping your skin hydrated can help. So drink more water and keep alcohol intake to the minimum.
- Moisturize the Edges – The edges of the body, such as the ear lobes, need special attention. Moisturize them so that the colours don’t linger on your ears.
- Cut Your Nails – Cut your nails to ensure safety and hygiene while playing. If you’re a hard core Holi fan, trim your hair as well.
- Bathe with Lukewarm Water – Once you finish playing, bathe with lukewarm water and shampoo thoroughly. Use a shower gel and loofah to scrub out the colours. Use a moisturiser afterwards to counter dryness.
Holi is fun when you don’t have to go through the embarrassment of hiding yourself the next day. Follow these tips, go out and enjoy the festival like never before.
If you still need further help, we recommend a personal consultation with the Best Dermatologist in Hyderabad for flawless skin and hair.
793 total views, 1 views today